Don’t think you can do something heroic? Think Cancer is too big to do something about? WRONG!
On March 22nd we will be partnering with the“Be The Match Registry” organization and will host a Registry Drive. Our goal will be to add 45 names to their registry. That is one potential life saver for every baseball game we will play this summer!
It is incredibly easy to add your name to the national register:
- Reasonably healthy people between the ages of 18 and 44 fill out a document that asks some medical questions
- 4 cotton swabs are rubbed along your gums
- The cotton swabs are mailed in to the Be The Match Registry
- They type the tissue sample and add the information to the data base
- If a patient is in need of a marrow transfusion and you are found to be a match, you will be contacted to see if you are still able to donate the marrow that can save a life!
- If you do not fit the criteria to donate marrow you can still help by donating funds! It takes $100 for us to add a name to the register so any amount donated will help
We will be set up at 8213 N. Alpine Rd, Loves Park, IL from noon till 1:00 pm If you would like to get involved, reach out to us by e-mail at email@example.com or on our facebook page. In the meantime, you owe it to yourself to watch this video! #transformrockford #Top25by25